Tuesday, February 26, 2013

He Knows I Will Follow Him, Give All My Life To Him





The map picture:)

Hey Everyone! 

I can't say it enough, THANK YOU! I loved all the letters I got this week and will hopefully be able to send some handwritten ones back soon. P-day's are busy here! Letters make my day and always give me a boost to keep going! It was fun hearing from you about this past weekend and Stake Conference with Elder Perry. Sorry if this email is random, I'm sitting in the laundry room trying to write this while people having a funny conversation with my Australian companion.

 This week was good.  Did you hear that they announced 58 new missions?? 4 of them will be in the Philippines! I am looking forward to the day when I get to actually be there and see how the church is growing in the Philippines. That is so cool that Megan is going to Japan with Carlie!! Is it the same mission, and when does she leave?  I've run into a lot of people here from Kaysville- Marissa Anderson (Matt Whittles cousin), Carson Beyer, and so many others that went to Davis too and just graduated this past year. I saw Brandon's aunt on Friday last week and talked to her for a bit, it was fun! Can you thank Grandma for me for the hymn book and Filipino money? I have loved using the Hymn book here and I showed my district the Filipino pesos. We love talking about the Philippines. Our district has had to focus more this week which has been good, I feel better when we are actually studying and trying to learn. We have two teachers now, one that teaches in the morning and one in the evenings. I sent a picture of my desk in my room, but really my desk in my classroom is where I'm at for most of my day. Starting tomorrow we will be teaching an investigator at least once a day. This is hard, considering we don't know tagalog still. Haha but it's only been two weeks, and the MTC is the place to be learning.

Thank you for the package! It came so fast! I have loved having my wildlife T-shirt again, and my headphones so I can watch the church videos they play at the gym. 

This has been a really cool week for me. We were talking about promptings in one of our meetings last week and I thought about promptings in my own life. I felt kind of bad, because I couldn't think of too many. So I've been praying this past week for Heavenly Father to give me more promptings. I promised that I would follow the promptings if He would give me more of them. I have felt many more promptings this past week and have kept my end of the deal. It's taught me a lot and has shown me that there are opportunities to serve people all the time. While the MTC has been hard, it has been full of so many spiritual experiences. We were singing I feel My Savior's Love on Sunday and I felt a lot better, this line really stuck out to me- He knows I will follow Him, give all my life to Him. I hope and believe that He knows that I will follow him. I'm here and I'm struggling to learn a language, but I trust Him and want to show him that I'll do what he asks. We watched a great Mormon Message the 
other day called- Sanctify Yourselves. If you haven't seen it yet, go watch it! It talks about the priesthood, but we also related it to how we must qualify to have the spirit with us. If we don't have the spirit with us we will not be able to learn this language. But really having the spirit blesses every aspect of our lives. We've also talked a lot about working hard and enduring to the end. Our first counselor in the branch presidency put it this way- "the key is you don't stop. You keep moving forward in faith. Put one foot in front of the other and before you know it you'll be up and running again." We've got to give all we've got every day here, we must qualify ourselves for the Lord's work. 

Happy Birthday Kelsey and Dad!!!! I hope you have a great time at Disneyland :) I am sending letters for each of you, but you'll probably be in California by the time it gets to Kaysville. I love you guys and can't wait to see pictures from your trip. Tell Karina, Brandon, and Alyssa I'll be working on letters for them, and thank them for the dear elders they've sent. Tell Alyssa it'd probably be easier for her to send me pictures now before I go to the Philippines. Oh and thank grammy for the passport holder she sent, I think it will work great! Also, how is the basement doing? did you have to replace the carpet already? Ha sorry again for all the random. Next time I'll write out my letter before I type it here in the crazy laundry room.

Love and miss you all :) 

- Brynn
Already Striking the Philippino pose!
Having fun with the Roomies

No comments:

Post a Comment