Monday, July 15, 2013

Finding week!



Is that turtle on a leash?
Hello :)
This has been a finding week for us here in Bayombong. We’ve worked with the branch president, former branch president, and youth and single adults this week to have them help us find the houses of less actives in our area. We really felt like it was time to find new people, and it has been great! In the process of trying to find less actives we’ve also found many nonmembers that we’ll hopefully be able to start teaching. It is so great to be a part of missionary work and I know that with this huge increase of missionaries right now it means that more people are being prepared to accept the gospel. So we’re making it a matter of finding those who are prepared and ready.
                This week I hit 5 months on my mission! Time is so strange as a missionary, I can’t say that enough!  It was fun to read your emails this week about trek and the things you’ve learned about being able to do hard things. I needed to learn that again this past week as I recognized that on my own I really cannot learn this language, I want to progress so much, and the perfectionist in me does not like to take baby steps haha. But I read Ether chapter 12 this week and learned a lot about faith. I also recognized that I don’t need to try and do all of this on my own, I have been praying harder than ever about trying to learn this language and be able to communicate better with Tagalog and with the spirit. I am so blessed that I get to be here doing what I’m doing. I’m so blessed to have such a loving and encouraging companion. I am so blessed to have a testimony of the gospel. My life is so different from those around me, and I want so badly for them to have what I have. I love the gospel, and I love being a missionary. I am thankful for these 18 months of my life that are already helping me to become more of the person I want to be.  I am so thankful to my family and to my friends who are SO supportive, I know I am so lucky to have that, especially as I see missionaries that don’t have that kind of support or encouragement coming from their families.
FIELDS OF GOLD!
                We didn’t go up to the mountains this past week, but we have a plan to go on Wednesday, so as long as there isn’t rain we’ll get to go :) hopefully this bagyo is over and we’ll have some more sun here this week! Have a great time at the beach, don’t have too much fun without me! ;) Love you all! Talk to you next week!          Sister Stabenow                          

No comments:

Post a Comment