Monday, July 8, 2013

New Mission President!

Hello again :)

This week was another fast one. It sounds like you all had a fun 4th of July, ha like you said to do dad, I celebrated with lot’s of rain here. Ha we had to go home and change our clothes because of how soaked we were even using our umbrellas. I sang every patriotic song in the hymn book to celebrate the 4th, and I noticed even more all of the American Flags that I see here used on the tricey’s as curtains or seat covers. Oh I love America haha.

One of my favorite things this week was meeting our new mission president and his wife, the Rahlf’s. They are so great, I love them already. We each had short get to know you interviews with President Rahlf. He said that with so many new sisters coming we all need to be ready to be trainers even if we’re still new. He asked me how I’d feel about training next cycle if I need to. He asked me how my Tagalog is, and he asked me how I’d feel if I had to train an American sister since the American sisters coming greatly outnumber the Filipinos. Ha none of that is for sure, just for his information. Even though it’d be scary to have to train an American sister I said I’d do whatever I’m asked haha. I think there’s 19 sisters coming next cycle, and only 4 of them are Filipino. So I don’t know what’ll be happening, but I’ll just prepare for the worst and hope for the best haha. Actually it could be kind of fun to have an American sister around, and it would definitely make both of us work on our Tagalog. Hmmm… we’ll just see. I’m just glad I’ve got some more time to prepare for whatever is coming up.

I’m excited for this week, we’re determined to find find find. We went throught he huge branch directory and are going to try and find lots of less actives this week. We’re feeling like it’s time to change things up a bit. We really want to find those who are ready to accept or come back to the gospel. We also have some ideas in mind to try and get the branch excited and more involved. We also found out that we have a sweet part of our area up in the mountains we didn’t really know about. We’re going to find time this week to visit less actives out there. I hear you have to take a boat to cross a river?? Ha I’ll let you know if that’s true or not. Sorry this is kind of short and more informational. I hope you all have a great week. Kels and Landon, enjoy trek! I love you all so much!

-       Sister Stabenow
This is from FHE last week that we had at a members house, and we had our investigators come :) fun time playing don't eat pete!


They found this litttle boy running home in the rain!
Don't Eat Pete!





I found this little Guy walking home this week!




No comments:

Post a Comment