Monday, July 1, 2013

letter for the week!

Hello!
What a good week. I don’t really know why, but I feel like things have changed this week especially, and I’m really putting my all into this, and am very focused on what I need to do here.  And I’m even happier than before. I’m so lucky I get to be here.  I’m studying the language a lot more and trying to get more comfortable with it, just in case I become a trainer after this cycle. We had splits last Tuesday and I always learn good things from the trainer’s sisters. Sister Manguil and I have been talking to so many more people this week, and I love seeing the progress with the language for me and also with just feeling much more comfortable with talking with everyone and anyone. Ha if I would’ve had a glimpse of the person I am now a few years ago I wouldn’t have believed it at all. I can’t really explain it all, but I’m just happy :)
 Work was good this week. One interesting thing I saw… I’ll spare you the details, but I saw the whole process of a dog being killed here :( oh man it was awful, it was so hard to teach with that going on right next to us! I’ll just say it ended up charcoaled.
                Yesterday we got to watch the Worldwide training broadcast in Solano, and I loved it SO much! I could tell the broadcast was done at BYU and it was so fun to see all the missionaries and mission presidents who were there. Did you guys get to watch it? Ha, I got a little teary eyed at parts, but not in a sad way. I really just want to be a happy Mormon my whole life haha and for me and my family to be involved in missionary work.  I want to make the missionary purpose, inviting others to come unto Christ, the purpose of my life. It just made me really excited to think about what I can do with my life.
                We have a new sister in our zone from West Jordan (Sister Deluna), and every time we get a chance we just pull each other aside and talk. She’s awesome. She’s been here about two weeks now, so I love just seeing how she is doing. She was talking to me about her family yesterday and she pulled out a picture of her brother and parents at her brother’s graduation. I understood how she was feeling about it and I pulled out my picture of Kelsey and mom and dad at her graduation. Ha we are good friends already.
Some random things, I love when I hear Tagalog songs here (like at the store), especially the ones I listened to before my mission, since I can understand so much more now!  We had a bagyo here yesterday but it was just a category 1 in our area. So just some wind and rain :) I love the storms here. It also made running this morning really pretty as we ran out by the rice fields.  I’m having Sister Manguil teach me how to cook some yummy meals, hopefully they have these ingredients back in America so I can make them for you when I’m home. I wish you could see the food I eat here, I’m eating fruits I’ve never heard of or seen before. Oh I love my life. Sorry if this email is an overload of happy haha. I love you all so much :) I’m so incredibly blessed to call you my family. I hope you all have a fun 4th of July!! I’ll try and find way to celebrate a little too :) Mahal Kita!
-Sister Stabenow
I know I don't have much room to correct their english but still I thought it was funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment