Monday, July 22, 2013

Week 18 in the Philippines!

Our visit to Paitan
Quite the week!  Not sure where to start :) I’ll just say it ended really really good. We were way concerned about one of the newer missionaries wanting to go home, but she has decided to stay, and we’re all thrilled! We’re a zone of many many sisters and just a few elders  and us sisters just take care of each other :) 
Also we went to Paitan this week which is way up in the mountains to visit less actives. They were surprised we made the trip up there, and we were happy to see some of them at church yesterday! After we visited the less actives up there we went to a member’s home where they fed us lunch. It was awesome, we drank out of coconuts, had a papaya from their tree, and then they cut down some of their sugar cane and we munched on some sugar cane before heading back. It was quite the day. Update with the family we’ve been teaching for a long time, we went and visited them one day this past week and they were HAPPY, that’s big news for them haha as the parents usually struggle to get along. It was just such a great night seeing them all calm and smiling. They've still got lots of questions about the gospel, but hopefully they’re on their way :) 
Mom I hope you had a great birthday this week :) we shared Alma 56:46-47 with a mom this week here and I thought about you and the example you’ve given me. I’m glad you got my letter too! Sunday was great. 
We had a councilor from our mission presidency come (President Pascua) and he came to give a training to our branch about  missionary work, and he brought three mission calls to the sisters in our branch. So excited for these girls, they were given their calls up at the pulpit on Sunday and read to us all where they’d be going.  They've been great as fellowshippers and have worked with us a lot. They will do so good on their missions. 
                Karina, thanks for sending me that talk (His Grace Is Sufficient- by Brad Wilcox)  last week. I actually read it back when I was in the MTC, but I decided to read it again since you sent it. So helpful once again :) I’m feeling better about the language. While reading this talk I thought about that cute youtube video (thumbs up for rock and roll) haha so just like the video… I just have to keep practicing! I will learn how to speak Tagalog, I know it :) haha watch the video so you can picture the voice.  Well that’s all for now. We have transfer day coming up on the 31st and I’ll find out this week whether or not I’ll be training. I’ll let you know! I love you guys :) have a great week! Mahal ko kayo :)
Landon- I've kept this note in my scriptures :)  Love you Bud!

No comments:

Post a Comment