Monday, August 19, 2013

Hello Family



A picture with her District and Pres and Sister Rahlf





This week went by really fast. We had some fun things to go to, a missionary farewell for one of the members here who left for the Cebu mission, a fun FHE with the Gacad family, and a fun birthday party/FHE with the Taeza, Pacis, and Gacad families. Ha this is going to be a bit shorter. I literally feel like I just barely emailed and caught you up on the latest here. We had our district conference in Solano yesterday and it was great :) All of the primary kids sang I am a Child of God, first in English, and then in Tagalog, and it was so cute! So the damage from the storm wasn’t too severe, broken trees, and some areas were more flooded than others, but life seemed to get right back to normal here. This is going to be a fun and busy week, one of the sisters in our apartment has her birthday this week, we’ll head to Cauayan for the follow up training meeting, and we’ve got several dinners with members this week. The members have been super helpful lately with the work, and we’ve been getting a lot more referrals, which is awesome. Also, with 3 out of 4 of us in the apartment being foreigners here, we’re starting to get together each night after work and help each other with language questions :) It’s definitely needed. Also I’m feeling really attached to this area, I can’t imagine how it will feel after 7 months here! Well we’ve had a good week here, my companion is awesome and we’re loving the work. I'm learning even more about myself as a trainer. Sometimes I feel way different, and I know I'm changing, but all for the better. I find myself doing the same things my trainer did for me, and I hope I'll be able to do that with each companion I get here. Sorry this is short, I Love and miss you guys! Hope you all have a great week and are getting ready and excited for school to start! :)




The Birthday Party





Sister Stabenow's buddy:)






No comments:

Post a Comment