Monday, August 26, 2013

I Love My Life!

Kumusta! Thanks for the emails, it sounds like you all had a good week! We had a fun branch activity this morning up in Paitan. I’m just realizing more and more how HUGE and beautiful our area is. It was SO much fun. We did some hiking and I’m feeling way tired now haha. My hiking buddies (little kids from the Guiner family) walked with me and taught me how to sing I Am a Child of God in Tagalog. So cute! I wish you guys could just take a peek into my life sometimes, it is just such another world here. Ha we were sitting up there by a members house eating some rambutan and chewing on some sugar cane, and I just thought about what you’d all think if you could just see for a second this place that I’m in.
With the other Sister's going to Mrs Bakers
                                                                                                                      Well this week was a good one :) we celebrated Sister Miller’s birthday by going to Mrs. Bakers- the best restaurant ever. We liked it so much, we’ve already been back since haha, and we’ve got plans to keep going back. Oh so good, they have real pizza, and real brownies! Haha and that is big news. On Wednesday we got up super early to get ready and head to Cauayan for the follow up meeting for trainers and their trainees. It was alright, I didn’t know too many people there, since there was only one other sister there from my batch, but it was really good just cause I got to sit and talk and eat lunch there with Sister Rahlf. Also, Cauayan is way way hotter than my area, I’m so lucky I get to be in the cold part of the mission for probably a total of 7 months!
The Sister’s trainers came to Bayombong this week and we had our splits with them on Friday. I love those sisters, and just really love it when they come to have splits. I don’t even know exactly why, but I just have felt better since they came and worked with us. I had been feeling super frustrated with myself, and my progress as a missionary and with my Tagalog… but I got some answers to my prayers this week, and things are better than ever when it comes to confidence level that I can really do this. I found this good quote from Pres. Monson that I’ve been trying to apply “Don’t limit yourself and don’t let others convince you that you are limited in what you can do. Believe in yourself and then live so as to reach your possibilities. You can achieve what you believe you can. Trust, and believe, and have faith.” So I’m working on this, and wow it works haha. We’ve been finding new people like crazy and I love talking to them even if it isn’t all correct Tagalog. I’m excited to see what happens when I really trust, believe and have the faith I need.

This past week was another fast one. Tomorrow we’ve got our quarterly interviews with President Rahlf, which I am way excited for. Tomorrow also marks 5 months in the Philippines. I am so glad I’m still in my first area, I love it so much, and I feel like I’ve grown so much here. Also today one of the 11 year old girls I’ve been friends with since I got here (the one who taught me the Tagalog “I Am a Child of God” this morning) told me that her and her mom want us to come and teach them now :) I’m way excited! This really has been such a good week. I love my area, I love my companion, I love the sisters in our apartment, I love this branch, I love my life, I love this work, and I love the gospel. Haha “I love my whole house!” (youtube quote). But really though, I love this gospel so much and how it has blessed my life. I love what it has done for our family and I couldn’t ask for more in my life. We are so so blessed to have the knowledge that we have of the gospel, of the fact that we have a living prophet, and that our Heavenly Father has a perfect plan for each of us that is made possible because of our Savior and friend, Jesus Christ. I love and miss you all so much! Good luck with everything coming up with school, I can’t wait to hear all about it! Mahal na mahal ko kayo! 

- Sister Stabenow

On a Hike with members of the Branch

Hiking with the kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment