Monday, September 23, 2013

Good Week!

Dear Family,
Sister Trainers
It’s been a really good week :) I LOVE seeing progress, with the area, and with myself. From the words of my mission president, this is how missions work: the Lord changes you before you can help others change. I’m being changed so much, and I love it. Heavenly Father is giving me the people and experiences I need right now to learn what I need to. We have a VERY happy house, and oh my we’re such missionaries.
 
 We come home at night and share experiences from the day and share scriptures that get us PUMPED about missionary work. D&C 35:13 

 “Wherefore, I call upon the aweak things of the world, those who are bunlearned and despised, to thrashthe cnations by the power of my dSpirit
 Haha we love the wording of this scripture, and we’re determined to “thrash the nations” (in a good way). Also, our district meeting this last week was super good, as we talked about finding. This past week I have pin-pointed some things about me that I want to and need to change, and wow the Lord will help you change when you’re willing and really want to. So just in life in general I’m content with being quiet, but that’s definitely changing. I want to talk to everyone, I want them to know what I know. I read a good quote this week:
Why should I speak to anyone about the gospel who seems content? What danger is there to them or to me if I do or say nothing?..... Well, the danger may be hard to see, but it is real, both for them and for us. For instance, at some moment in the world to come, everyone you will ever meet will know what you know now. They will know that the only way to live forever in association with our families and in the presence of our Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, was to choose to enter into the gate by baptism at the hands of those with authority from God. They will know that the only way families can be together forever is to accept and keep sacred covenants offered in the temples of God on this earth. And they will know that you knew. And they will remember whether you offered them what someone had offered you.”
I love this, so to do my part, I’m opening my mouth and telling people what I know. We talked in district meeting about how no effort is wasted here, and how OYM-ing people might not be the most effective way to find, but how it is the most effective way to show our faith. We want miracles here, and we know that our faith has to come first. So we’ve got the motivation, and enthusiasm we need, and I’m very excited to see what will happen. I’ve got one more month til transfer day, (and yes I’m assuming I’ll be transferred) and I want to leave here on such a high note, I want to leave this area better than I found it. I’ll be leaving here so changed, and hopefully I’ll have helped this branch in some way. We had splits with the sister’s trainers this week and had a good time, it is really nice just to see how other people do things and to learn from them. We went and visited a man this week that we hadn’t seen in a couple weeks, and we gave him a Book of Mormon last time, so we talked with him for a bit and he told me he’d been reading the Book of Mormon every night since we gave it to him. Yeah I was surprised. It was awesome, and then he’s like what time is your church/where is it. Ha it was awesome! And… he came to church yesterday! Also, this week we went and visited a boy from the branch who used to always come and work with us when I first got here. But anyway he’s been inactive for the past few months, but he told us he’d try and come on Sunday… and he came too! And even cooler, so he was sitting all alone during sacrament meeting, but once all the boys got done passing the sacrament they all just swarmed him and welcomed him back and sat with him. I got such a huge smile on my face, it was so sweet to see what great youth there are in the branch. Oh it was just such a happy week. So we have zone conference on Thursday this week in Santiago. It will be a busy week, I think we have FHE’s scheduled almost every night this week haha. Oh and Friday marks 6 months for me in the Philippines, kinda crazy! Well, I know there was a lot of random in this email, hopefully it made some sense haha. I’m just very happy and loving this work and the things that are happening here! I want the gospel for life, I see too many people and hear too many excuses of why people don’t come to church anymore and I’m determined to never get to that point. I’m convinced that if we read the scriptures and pray every day we will never fall away and won’t have to experience that in our life. That is the power of reading and praying. The church is true, the Book of Mormon is true and we’re so blessed to have the gospel in our lives. Hope you all have a great week! Thanks for the emails and pictures :) Mahal ko kayo!

-          Sister Stabenow



Rice Field



No comments:

Post a Comment