Monday, October 21, 2013

Snow White is Transfered

Well I guess I’ll just start with the news…. I’m being transferred! But we were all expecting it right? We got the call this past Wednesday that Sister Grande will be training next cycle, haha she was not happy about it, but she is warming up to the idea now. So both Sister Miller and I are being transferred out of the house. We all thought she’d be staying, ha and her companion was already completely packed. Things are actually getting really unpredictable with transfers in our mission. I’m way excited though for the upcoming changes. We’ll go to Cauayan on Wednesday where I’ll get my new companion and then head to wherever my next area will be :)
                So this week we had two CSP projects. One here in our area working in a less active member’s rice field and the other one up in Lamut working on cleaning up a garden. Both turned out really good, but I will say I was ready to get back to normal work. I love missionary work. We also had a Branch Home Evening this past Friday since we wanted to get everyone together before any of us transfer. It turned out well and we were happy to see less active members and investigators there too. We also used it as a farewell party for two boys from the branch that are heading out this week on their missions.
                During one of our lessons this week we were teaching two seventeen year old girls about the Book of Mormon and we also testified that we know we have a living prophet. At the end of the lesson one of the sisters had a question about living prophets, so we pulled out pictures of President Monson, his counselors and apostles. The girl looked at the picture of President Monson and then looked at me and said, kind of surprised, “It’s true!” Ha and yep she’s right. We love teaching these girls.
                It is so weird to know that I’m leaving here. This really is all I know of the Philippines, so this next week will be very different for me. The goodbyes here are even harder than I expected. I don’t know for sure if I’ll get to see these people ever again. We went and visited little recent convert, Jerwin and his family the other day and I was having such a hard time. I gave the opening prayer and I ended up in tears. Then yesterday we visited the Taeza family and ouch that one hurt too. I didn’t cry too much in front of them at least haha. So yeah this is hard, yet at the same time, it’s a bit of a pay day as I hear them thank us so much. Brother Taeza just kept promising me that my efforts have not been wasted for their family. Oh I love these people. I’m saving probably the hardest goodbye though for Tuesday night when we’ll visit the Guiner family with all the little kids that I just love and I’ll say goodbye to Erica who’s like my little sister here. Ha I had a good talk with her on Sunday, I asked her what she’s going to do once I’m gone and she told me that she’ll never leave the church, and she said she’ll keep working with the missionaries too. What a cool kid. I hope so badly to be able to see all these people again!
 I hope you all have a great week! I’m excited for my upcoming changes this week and I know that the Lord is leading this work and he will lead and direct each of our lives as we allow him to. Mahal na mahal ko kayo!
-          Sister Stabenow

She is totally bringing a Hammock home:)

Taeza family


FHE with the whole Branch

No comments:

Post a Comment