Monday, November 25, 2013

Wet Feet!!



Dear Family,
So much RAIN! Tama na. Haha wet and muddy feet palagi, pero ayos lang, sanay na ako. Also, FYI, my crocs lasted 9 months of my mission- so sad, they served me well, but now have a hole in the bottom.
                Well, there’s a lot to be thankful for, thank you for my package I got this last week! Sister Daelo and I are excited to celebrate Thanksgiving on Thursday. Also to add a bit of the thanksgiving spirit to our apartment we put up a thankful tree or “Kami ay nagpapasalamat sa…” Ha we started it a few weeks ago when we’d come home and have ourselves list off a few of the things good about our day and different things we were thankful for.
So this week I was thankful for-
·         -Getting a letter from my friend Erica from my first area :)
·         -Going on splits again in Alicia
·        - Having our quarterly interviews with President and getting to spend a few minutes with the Rahlfs
·         -The members that still came to church even though there was a Pacquia fight on TV
·         -And members feeding us like crazy
Yesterday Sister Daelo and I celebrated her 1 year mark on her mission, so I made some lunch and some no bake cookies. Ha, and of course it made me think of me and my friends getting together and making no bakes at Spencer’s.  I think one day after the mission we need to get together and do that again. So like I mentioned in my thankful list, church was good, I mean some people definitely missed out on church, but I was happy that there were still people there. The high council men from Alicia came and spoke and shared about the story of the 2,000 stripling warriors in the book of Alma (ch.56-57, 48) I loved what they shared. He used Alma 57:21 to explain why they were blessed and all saved in battle, “they did obey and observe to perform every word of command with exactness.” I love the topic of obedience as I am learning more and more about the importance of it here on my mission. He shared verses from chapter 48 about all that they did to prepare for war, how they built up and strengthened their forts and he compared it to how we prepare and protect our homes from evil influences of the world. It totally made me remember a Family Home Evening that we had years ago, I think Dad was the one who gave the lesson, and I think there was a picture drawn of all they did to prepare and protect their forts. I probably didn’t really understand before, but wow I’m recognizing more and more how blessed our home was growing up- To have parents that were careful to protect our home to “build up walls” in order to protect us kids. Oh I love this gospel. We are so blessed.
Well I hope you all have a fantastic Thanksgiving :) my companion and I will be celebrating it too. We’ll be sure to send you some pictures. Thanks for all the love, you guys are the best. Love and miss you!
Thankful tree
-          Sister Stabenow

1 comment:

  1. Hello!
    I love reading Brynn's blog! I have a daughter serving in the Philippines Olongapo Mission.
    I wanted to invite your family to the brand new Cauayan Mission family Facebook group.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cauayanfamilies/
    I hope you'll join us!

    ReplyDelete