Monday, December 16, 2013

Busy!

Hello Everyone,
How many days left ‘til Christmas? Can’t believe how fast it is coming! This has been a crazy busy week here with traveling every day but yesterday, and next week looks even busier since we’ll have two splits instead of just one since we have more Sisters in our zone this cycle. Last Wednesday we had our Missionary Leadership Council meeting and it was awesome. I love being in the mission home with the Rahlfs, and learning from them and seeing what great examples and role models they are. Our meeting was SO awesome. We had a great Christmas lesson from Sister Rahlf about the history of “The Messiah”  and then President gave an awesome lesson all about the Parable of the Sower and about what kind of soil each of us are. I love one thing he said, that the Lord knows how to change hearts to become good soil.  This will probably all make more sense to you if you’ve recently read the parable from the Bible. I’m so excited for upcoming changes in this mission, I know that this is the Lord’s work and that He leads this mission. I’m happy to be a part of this hastening time. I love seeing this work change people, myself, other missionaries, and people that we teach. I am so thankful that we can all change, that we can grow and are given the experiences and trials that will help us to become more.
On Splits
This week we had splits in Alicia, and I was with Sister Warr, she is 19, but way taller than me haha. I loved working with her, she is just way cool and easy to get along with. She reminds me of Kelsey a bit honestly. We had a really good day together, she really gets missionary work and is being changed by it so much. She has grown so much just within the last 6 weeks that I’ve known her. I love splits, I learn from these sisters and learn just how much good with can really do, and that we are capable and can contribute so much to this work as we are obedient and work hard and follow the spirit.
One happy surprise this week is that President and Sister Rahlf came to our branch for sacrament meeting yesterday and it was awesome. They shared great messages, and I felt very lucky that we got to have them come visit. Well, that’s all for this week. I hope you all have a great week. I love you and can’t wait to skype next week. I’ll email you next week with more details about how it will all work. Mahal na mahal ko kayo!
-          Sister Stabenow

No comments:

Post a Comment