Monday, December 30, 2013

Bilo, Bilo

Hey family,
It was so fun skyping with you guys this past week, getting to see your faces and hear your voices. Sorry again for getting emotional for a second there, haha it came out of nowhere. I hope you enjoyed your Christmas together. If anything this Christmas really taught me how important family is, I am seeing more and more just how blessed we are as a family.
We went on splits this week in Alicia 1, and I was companions again with Sister Hafen. She is an awesome friend, and I LOVE when I get to go on splits with her. The whole splits was just so good, it made me happy to see the success in their area, and I know that it is a result of their hard work. I love getting to go on these splits and get to meet the people they visit and just spend a day with them. On Friday morning of the splits we went and had a CSP at a members house and had a cleaning project, the member was super nice and let me be her helper to prepare the food with her, and so she taught me how to make one of my favorite dishes here- bilo bilo. 
To sum it all up I’ll say that work in Jones this week was challenging. There were definitely some ups and downs. One sad thing… our investigator Rowena passed away on Saturday. She’s the 31 year old wife and mother that had leukemia. We hadn’t been able to see her the past few weeks when we’d go to her house because of how bad she’d been feeling. I am happy knowing the plan of salvation, I am so happy that we were able to see her progress and embrace the gospel and really love the Book of Mormon. I know she will continue to be taught the gospel and will continue to grow. I feel blessed that we got to get to know her and see her and her sweet relationship with her two little kids.
There is just two more weeks til transfers and there will be lots of changes. Most likely a new companion and new area. I’m excited for the new experiences up ahead and for the new people that I will meet. Each area and companion teaches me knew things, so I am excited for the progress up ahead. I was reading in my journal back to the first few months of my mission, and I can tell that I’m growing up and changing here. I love serving here, and getting to be a part of the hastening of the Lord’s work. I’m excited for this start of a new year as I am starting to realize more and more that I can accomplish more and become more as I focus, set goals, push myself, and rely on the Lord more in my life. I love you and hope you have a great New Years. Have fun with all the cousins!
(p.s. On Wednesday you can say… Sister Stabenow comes home this year J )
Mahal ko kayo! Ingat kayo palagi!
-          Sister Stabenow

pictures- splits with sister hafen, party for our landlord's grandson


Getting her hair done this morning:)

No comments:

Post a Comment