Monday, December 23, 2013

Traveling Sisters

Dear Family,
It’s Christmas! This past Tuesday we had a Christmas mission devotional in Cauayan, complete with awesome messages from the Rahlfs, food from Brother Pete, and games (courtesty of the STL’s). Ha mine and Sister Daelo’s game finally came together the morning of and it ended up being fun. I’ll send some pictures. I really enjoyed the day, getting to see my anak, Sister Grande, and getting to feel more of the Christmas spirit. This is going to be a very different Christmas than ever before, but to paraphrase what President Rahlf said… if I had to be away from my family at this special time of year, I’m glad it is here, and I am glad to be doing the Lord’s work. The day of Christmas here will be good, skyping with you all in the morning, and then we’ll head back to Jones and visit the members throughout the day and join in on their celebrations. Ha we basically plan on being fed all day.
So this week we were once again the traveling Sisters. We went on splits twice this week, and both of them went really well. I love these Sisters in my zone, they work hard and I feel like I’m learning so much from them. For our first splits I was able to work with Sister Tenepere (sounds like Katy Perry) haha, she is just 19 years old, and wow she’s a rockstar of a missionary. My next splits was with Sister Palomo who will be heading home after this cycle. She is a strong missionary, and I was really touched by her strong testimony of the gospel and of this work. Her mom died while she was out here on the mission. She talked to me a bit about it, and seriously she is so strong, we’re so blessed that we can handle the hard things in life because we know Heavenly Father’s plan for us. I enjoyed our splits, it really is fun to pop into the missionary work of other sisters, to get to meet the investigators and less actives they visit and spend just a day with them. These splits are strengthening and teaching me so much, and I feel so lucky that I get to be doing this right now at this point in my mission.
Even with the setbacks in the work sometimes here I didn’t feel discouragement this week in me or my companionship. I know we are doing our part and we will continue to work and pray and try to help these people overcome these concerns and obstacles. Time is flying by here, and before I know it I’ll be transferred. I know I’ll be leaving these people and I hope I will have been a help and a blessing to them and I hope they know that I love them and this little branch here in Jones.
Well, that’s all for this week. I seriously can’t wait for skype! I love you all and can’t wait to see you soon!
Mahal ko kayo!
-   Sister Stabenow     pictures- doing laundry the other morning, super cold with the rain getting us wet. at least i put my raincoat to good use :)



Splits with Sister Tenepere  
Splits with Sister Palomo

No comments:

Post a Comment