Monday, February 3, 2014

Bloom Where You are Planted!

February already? Hope you all had a good week, it sounds like you did some fun things and ate some good food (jealous) haha. We had a good week here in Alicia. Ha, my companion and I are really thankful for the new system of how splits work here. We've got more people to visit than we can handle on our own, so splits are necessary here. We even go on splits some times with the members of relief society. We keep finding more investigators which is really great, we're just trying to figure out how to balance it all and who to focus on. 
We had a zone conference this week and President and Sister Rahlf taught us a bit. From Sister Ralhf- there is no comfort in a growing zone and no growing in a comfort zone. Then President taught us about Joseph of Egypt. He was the kind of person that "Bloomed wherever he was planted," as a slave, as a prisoner, etc. He made the best of every situation he was thrown into. He applied that story so well to our lives here as missionaries. Zone conference was great, there are a lot of new things happening in our mission- new standards of excellence, new mission song, and new responsibilities for the leaders. Speaking of which, my companion and I had to teach at zone conference to a class that each zone of missionaries came around to. I'm having lots of new learning opportunities here and I'm grateful for all of it. 
We've got a baptism this weekend for our investigator Jonalyn :) we're way excited and hope it all goes well. It has been great seeing her grow and accept the gospel. She is already way excited to share it now with others and gives us referrals. Alicia is just great. It is getting warmer here and the sky is getting prettier and prettier. I wish you could all see it here! The Philippines is such a beautiful place, and in a lot of ways it is now my home here. I really do love it all. But.... don't worry I'll still come home this summer haha, I love you and miss you all! 
Sister Stabenow and her cute little friend from the Branch

She loves the beauty of the Philippines!

No comments:

Post a Comment