Monday, April 28, 2014

Short and Sweet!



Rocky's Baptism

Dear family,
I’ll give you the good news from the week, our investigator Rocky was baptized, and it was one of our recent converts, Cesar, who baptized him! It was such a happy sight. I’m glad we’ve got good strong YSA now coming into this branch. Rocky seemed very calm and ready for the baptism, and I feel like he was very ready and has a strong testimony and understanding of the restored gospel. This branch will be so blessed by these strong young men coming in.
We had two splits this past week, for the first one I was with a new sister from Samoa, Sister Muagutu, and took her over to work in my very favorite area, Callao. We had a great day and loved getting to spend time with our investigators and hear their testimonies- they are facing oppositions from those around them, but they are strong and doing so well. For the next splits I was with Sister Corsilles, and we worked mostly in PNU, she and I could go on and on talking and sharing stories with one another. We had a really fun splits as well.
We continue to have the help of really great leaders and it is making such a big difference in our work. President Arsinas went all the way out to San Pedro on Sunday morning to bring (literally) a whole truck full of investigators to church for their first time. It was such a happy sight having them all there at church, and I know they were welcomed well by the branch.



Well I will keep this short, can’t believe it is almost May already! I love hearing about all that is happening in your lives and getting updates about you. Congrats to Michael and Brandon for their graduations, and Happy Birthday to Karina today and to Blake this Friday! I love you all so much and can’t wait to talk with you all on Mother’s day! Love you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment