Monday, May 12, 2014

Happy Mothers's Day!

Birthday Package!
Dear Family,
Skyping this morning was SO great :) I loved seeing and talking to you all. Ha I really couldn't think of what to say to you all, but hey I'll just explain it all to you when I get home in a few months. I really had so much fun talking to you and am so happy I get to call you all family. 
    This past week was great! We had MLC in Cauayan on Wednesday and it was great getting to see so many friends. I said goodbye to Sister Daelo as well since she'll be heading home at the end of this cycle. I am so thankful to be a part of this mission and to be able to learn from our wonderful mission president and his wife. I will forever be thankful for them and consider them good friends of mine. 
    We saw some exciting progress this week with one of our investigators (the 17 year old) he is growing more and more excited about the gospel and I think he's starting to see and understand more about his potential. He will get to go to the youth camp this next week and I'm excited for him to have that experience and be strengthened from the other youth and from the leaders. The couples that we are teaching are also doing well and their growing faith continues to amaze me. 
     My birthday was SO great. I was seriously so happy with how the day went, I was able to spend it exactly how I wanted to, doing something special for our investigators. We invited them to come to the chapel to watch the Restoration and to eat some yummy food. I'll be sure to send you a picture. I felt very loved that day, treats from the sisters I live with, opening the packages from all of you, reading the sweet letters from both ours and Blake's family, and all the help from a couple of the branch members to get everything put together that day for our investigators. It has been a week full of celebrations, and the celebrations continue with all of the birthdays here this May. 
The Sisters at the church to watch The Restoration with their investigators!
     One of my favorite things this past week was finishing our 60 day Book of Mormon challenge on my birthday. I love that book. What a special thing to get to finish it on my birthday and to think about how it has blessed my life these past 22 wonderful years. I love the Book of Mormon, and I know that it is true. It is a daily source of peace, of guidance, and of comfort. It has the power to change us and to help us become who our Heavenly Father wants us to be. I never tire of reading it and am so thankful that my love for it and understanding of it has grown and become deeper here as I read from it. We are so blessed and so loved. I love seeing it bless and change so many lives. 
       I hope you all have a great week! I love you and keep you all in my prayers! Love and miss you!
- Sister Stabenow



No comments:

Post a Comment