Monday, June 30, 2014

Changes are coming!

Dear Family,
     Lots of changes will be happening this week! My companion will be heading home this week, meaning I’ll get my new and last companion here on Wednesday. I’m excited to find out who it will be. One of the other sisters from the house will also be transferred so we’ll get two new people in the apartment. I have really enjoyed this past cycle with Sister Maestrado and can’t believe how fast that all just flew by. We are happy with all that has happened this past cycle and glad we were able to see some great things happening for some of our less actives coming back to church.
            This past week was kind of weird for a few reasons, 1 seeing my companion packing up her things to go home, and 2 going to Cauayan for a workshop for all of the missionaries leaving within the next two transfers. It was weird to be a part of that. One way happy thing, I ran into Sister Miller at the mission offices and got to talk with her. Once again, so glad to have her as my good good friend here in the mission. We usually only get a couple minutes to talk, but we can catch up so quickly and then have time to just talk and laugh about how far we’ve come in our missions.
            We had two splits, back to back this week which is always a little stressful, but they went well. I had SO much fun going on splits with Sister Molisi, we’ve lived together this cycle and she and I had such a fun and good day of work. I loved seeing how much she is loving the mission and is doing so well here. For the next splits I was with Sister Leoncio, once again, such a good missionary here. I loved teaching with her and learning so much from her that day. I am so glad I’ve been able to meet so many great sisters here. We’ve been able to do lots of finding this past week on our splits and I’m excited to just get to meet more and more people and they seem so welcoming and friendly. Loving it. One serious challenge we continue to face is that those we teach are not married yet, so we’ve got a ways to go with them, but we are excited about the potential changes.
            When we walked into sacrament meeting yesterday our Bishop told my comp she’d be talking, ha then he also announced to the ward in the we’ll be having a farewell party for her tonight (Monday). Ha, we weren’t expecting either of those things. We’re lucky to be serving in such a sweet ward.
            It was over all a good week, and I’ve got some good things in mind right now as goals to finish strong and use well what time I have left here. I will have more details for you this next week of all the changes! I love you and miss you!
-       Sister Stabenow  
p.s. sorry my letters are getting kinda boring, i'll just have to share more of the details with you in about 6 weeks ;)

our happy apartment of sisters

Sister Stabenow and Sister Maestrao at the
career workshop

splits

No comments:

Post a Comment